Saturday, June 20, 2015

Stars Go Back To Their Christian Faith

Hollywood Stars
To combat a very liberal media and daily indoctrination to unholy lifestyle, Hollywood stars are celebrating a traditional Christian renaissance.

Matthew McConaughey, Chris Pratt, Brad Pitt, Gwen Stefani, Mark Wahlberg and even wee bad boy Shia LaBeouf, who seems like the kind of guy who would say he’s bigger than Jesus and John Lennon combined, are talking up their Christian faith.

Pratt, perhaps the hottest actor in town on the strength of the 2014 smash "Guardians of the Galaxy" and the even bigger hit "Jurassic World," is a Christian who credits praying to God for saving his son Jack when the boy was born nine weeks prematurely to his wife, Anna Faris.

Pratt told Esquire last year, "I gave my soul to Jesus" at age 19 after an encounter outside a liquor store in Hawaii with a man who told him, "I stopped because Jesus told me to stop and talk to you. He said to tell you you’re destined for great things."

A month later, Pratt was spotted by a director who helped get him a part in a horror movie, and his Hollywood career had begun. Raised Lutheran, he now considers himself "a free agent for God." Every night before going to sleep, he prays, "Now I lay me down to sleep . . ."

Pitt, who grew up in a devout Baptist household in Missouri, in the past has described himself as somewhere between agnostic and atheistic, but apparently he has changed his mind. LaBeouf, his co-star in last year’s World War II movie "Fury," told Interview, "I found God doing 'Fury.' I became a Christian man, and not in a f - - king bulls - - t way — in a very real way. I could have just said the prayers that were on the page. But it was a real thing that really saved me. And you can’t identify unless you’re really going through it. It’s a full-blown exchange of heart, a surrender of control."

LaBeouf added that his director, David Ayer, is a "full subscriber to Christianity" and that Pitt, who hews to an "unnamed spirituality," was "instrumental" in "guiding my head through this."

McConaughey, who is named after the apostle, famously gave props to God in his Oscar speech last year: "First off, I want to thank God, because that’s who I look up to. He’s graced my life with opportunities that I know are not of my hand or any other human hand."

He attends a nondenominational church in Texas that, he told GQ, is "based in the faith that Jesus is the son of God, that He died for our sins, but many different denominations come in.” He says God is “somebody who can help answer my questions. Someone who has a hand in all of this miracle we call life, which I believe is a miracle."

Gwen Stefani, a Catholic, recently said on "Late Night With Seth Meyers" she wasn’t planning on having any more children, but believes her oldest son has a "direct link to God" and that four weeks after the boy started praying for a little sibling, she discovered she was pregnant.

A fellow Catholic, Mark Wahlberg, told the Catholic Herald, "Being a Catholic is the most important aspect of my life. The first thing I do when I start my day is, I get down on my hands and knees and give thanks to God. Whenever I go outside of my house, the first thing I do is stop at the church. The kids will be mad with me. 'Daddy! It takes too long!’ I’m saying: 'It's only 10 minutes and this is something I really need to do.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment