Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Chris Rock Skewered the "FF4" and the "BvS" Movies

Abrams and Rock
Comedian Chris Rock is known for his frank assessments and no-nonsense criticisms and when the 2016 Oscars host was give a chance during a panel discussion at the Tribeca Film Festival last 15 April, he minced no words.

The actor pleaded with J.J. Abrams - a filmmaker known for jump-starting movie franchises - to take a stab at one of his favorite comic-book properties, which has been unsuccessfully adapted for the big screen several times.

"Could YOU direct The Fantastic Four?" Rock asked Abrams.

"I love The Fantastic Four and they keep [expletive]ing it up!" Rock laughed. "That is my favorite of all of them. Spider-Man, too, but they have made far too many Spider-Mans."

"Get in there with Denzel, man, you do it," Abrams replied, referring to Rock's earlier suggestion that Abrams collaborate with double Oscar-winner Denzel Washington.

"I would love to do The Fantastic Four, but I'm too old, though," said Rock, who is also an actor, writer, producer and director. "I guess I'm not too old to direct it, but they need somebody better than me. I like it so much, I don't want to direct it."

The comedian also has no kind words to say about the recent blockbuster "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice."

The 2016 Oscars host brought the movie up during a panel discussion with Star Wars: The Force Awakens director J.J. Abrams at the Tribeca Film Festival Friday night.

"Did anybody see that Superman-Batman [expletive?] What the [expletive] was that? I know you can't say anything," Rock told Abrams. "They weren't going to cast me anyway, so... Superman can't fight a guy that drives a car! He gets a flat! Like Batman is going to fight Superman. He needs Triple A, but he's going to fight Superman. He's got jumper cables, but he's going to fight Superman. I saw that one a mile away. Not going to get me. I'm going to see that Disney animated movie. They don't let you down."

Abrams' film credits include "Mission: Impossible III," "Star Trek" and "Star Wars: The Force Awakens." Rock has helmed "Top Five," "I Think I Love My Wife" and "Head of State."

No comments:

Post a Comment