Friday, December 11, 2015

Ignorant Bashers Being Educated by Gab Valenciano

Gab Valenciano
After expressing his own opinion and reasonable argument on why he cannot support the morality of Presidential candidate Rodrigo Duterte, Valenciano received plenty of uneducated, brain-dead and uncivilized comments in his Facebook account.

Last 6 December, Valenciano explained that he cannot, in good conscience, support somebody who openly admitted to have been a womanizer and that he personally killed criminals.

"No doubt, Duterte is a leader who leads, and leads well. But what about the model and nature in which that leadership is put across? Doesn't that matter anymore? I respect him for his honesty and eagerness to lead our country back on track, but I cannot support his morality," he said.

The honest post sparked after a flood of ignorant reaction which led Valenciano to defend his right to "stand up and speak up for what [he] believes in."

In a lengthy note, the 27-year-old Valenciano wrote: "I woke up today with a barrage of messages over all my social media accounts, attacking not just my personal opinion, but my humanity as well."

He added: "I would have loved to indulge in constructive arguments with people and go head to head on this issue, instead, they talk about how ugly I am, how I'm using this issue to boost my popularity, how I'm just desperately looking for attention because I don't have a career anymore AND how I was never fit for show business."

He went on to share that some of the comments went "insanely low," and that he is not writing the note for pity but "for people to gain a certain level of consciousness of the current educational and mental state of the country."

He also said that not every message was "irrelevant" and that there were a couple of issues brought up to him that "definitely made a lot of sense. But at this point, it wasn't worth the participation anymore."

"It's sad. Heartbreaking even," Valenciano, who is currently living in the US, continued. "Not necessarily with what they were saying about my personal life, but seeing how real people who live real lives think and feel nowadays."

"It's scary. It's scary seeing where Filipinos stand culturally, socially, spiritually and mentally. What happened. What the heck happened. It's deeper than just haters. It's deeper than just trolls. These are actual people. The country is known to have a very shallow social media presence, but what about disgraceful, distasteful, uneducated, disrespectful and ignorant?"

"I commend everyone who gave valid comments and arguments on my original post. Because you actually are for the advancement of our country and are educated enough to know how to handle opposition."

"I stood up and spoke out for what I believe in, and I will not apologize nor back down. So come at me with your garbage, and I will retaliate with my education," he concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment