Tuesday, February 14, 2017

When Beauty Won Over Rude Behavior

Megan Dixon
It always pays to be respectful and conscious of one's manners, especially if somebody who wields some employment power is interviewing somebody who wants to be employed under that authority.

In job interviews, for instance, job rejections can be turned into an opportunity when the rejected person becomes more motivated and uses that rejection to better himself.

What is not helpful and is considered as a rude is if the person in authority uses the social networking site to give a blunt text message to their applicant and include an insulting emoji.

This is what the 18-year-old and beautiful Megan Dixon from Leicester, UK experienced a few days ago.

Dixon went for a job interview at a restaurant called Miller and Carter. The interviewer was assistant manager Shantel Wesson.

Later that afternoon, she shared a screen grab of the text message exchange with Wesson after it was finished.

View photos

She said: 'I can maybe understand why my answers were basic, but I haven't really had many interviews before.

"Shantel was asking about my proudest moment but I'm only 18 so it's not like I can say my kid or my marriage. To text me a minute after I'd walked out saying that is nasty."

She said she was so shocked and now wish she had returned to confront the interviewer.

"I was so shocked and I wish I'd gone back in there," she said. "My mum was so angry - these big companies can't treat people like that. It has definitely put me off the company."

The restaurant responded to say the text message was sent in error.

"We can't apologize enough to Megan," a spokesperson for Miller and Carter told The Sun.

"It was never our intention to be disrespectful or upset her in any way. The texts were sent in error and were intended for our manager, not the candidate."

The damage has been done, but not on Dixon. After the message went viral, not a few plan to skip and avoid eating at the restaurant for a long time. This time, beauty triumphs over the beastly behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment