Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Amy Schumer Blames Trolls For Her Obvious Unpopularity

Not Funny At All
Remember the unfunny comedian named Amy Schumer? Yes the one who said she will move out of the country if Donald Trump becomes the 45th President of the United States, but has not fulfilled her promise? Yes, that Amy.

Right now she is trying to stay relevant again after demand for her acting services plummeted to all-time low. She was supposed to promote her "Amy Schumer: The Leather Special," but after embarrassing reviews among the viewers that are genuinely not happy, she started blaming, not herself, but online trolls and rightist groups.

The hour-long comedy special debuted last a few days ago on Netflix and has received nearly 1,000 ratings, almost all of them are negative! That's understandably a high number for something that is not funny, offensive and utterly ridiculous show that has nothing of value to add to anything.

The Wrap points out, that's more than double the number of reviews for Trevor Noah's special "Afraid of the Dark," which premiered last month.

According to Schumer, 35, the alt-right is behind the odd influx of reviews. Huh?

"I am so proud of my special and grateful to all the people spreading love on line about it. I am the first female comic who is selling out arenas all over the world and so grateful for that," she writes in a lengthy Instagram post. "I am embarrassed for the 'journalists' who report on trolls activities as if it’s news. It’s indicative of administration right now."

Wait a minute, "first female comic who is selling out arenas all over the world"? Ali Wong and Laurie Kilmartin seems to be doing bettern are way more funny than Schumer.

Schumer posted a screenshot of an article on Splitsider titled, "Alt-Right Redditors tanked Amy Schumer’s Netflix Ratings for 'The Leather Special,'" which she encouraged people to read, but nobody wants to because it was poorly written.

Schumer continues, "It fills me with hope and power to see you all furiously posting so as always accuse me of whatever lies you want," she concludes. "Call me a whale. Call me a thief and I will continue to rise and fight and lead. I know who I am. I am strong and beautiful and will use my voice my whole time on this earth. Journalists do better it's embarrassing. Trolls see you on the next one!"

Actually, nobody is compelled to do anything Schumer wants because it is obvious that the whale is not funny at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment