Friday, January 27, 2017

"Suicide Squad" Director Hopes To Do Better

Gotham City Sirens
For those who were not impressed by the movie "Suicide Squad," even director David Ayer accepts that fact that their are definitely more rooms for improvement. He responded to the film’s flurry of bad reviews in a note posted to Twitter last 21 January

"I know it’s a controversial film, I really tried to make something different, with a look and feel of its own," Ayer wrote to user @PensFanboy, who praised Suicide Squad. "I took inspiration from the insanity of the original comics. Making a movie is a journey, not a straight line. I learned so much."

Acknowledging that "Suicide Squad" "has its flaws," he explained, "Nothing hurts more than to pick up a newspaper and see a couple years of your blood, sweat, and tears ripped to shreds. The hate game is strong out there."

"Wish I had a time machine. I'd make Joker the main villain and engineer a more grounded story. I have to take the good and bad and learn from it," he continued. "I love making movies and I love DC . I’m a high school dropout and used to paint houses for a living. I’m lucky to have the job I have. I have to give the characters the stories and plots they deserve. Real talk."

"And no," he concluded, "there isn’t a secret edit of the film with a bunch of Joker scenes hidden in a salt mine somewhere."

"Suicide Squad" tells the story of Task Force X, a strike team of villains forced to execute covert missions for the government in exchange for reduced prison sentences. Despite harsh reviews from critics, the film grossed US$ 745.6 million worldwide, more than "Man of Steel's" US$ 668 million take.

"Next time" for Ayer will be "Suicide Squad" spinoff "Gotham City Sirens," a film about the top white and sexy female villains of the DC Comics world — including Catwoman, Poison Ivy, and Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn.

No comments:

Post a Comment